Breastfeeding Support at Natural Resources
Natural Resources carries a broad range of products to support the nursing mother, including lactation support teas, tinctures and herbs, nipple shields, Medela pumping supplies, rental pumps, nursing bras and pumping bustiers, supplemental nursing systems and more.
Breastfeeding Mothers Circle
Every Monday at 1pm in the Natural Resources classroom, an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant facilitates a 2 hour breastfeeding support group. Details on the Circle can be found here.
Breastfeeding Beyond 6 Months
Mothers who are breastfeeding beyond 6 months, including toddlers, are
welcome to gather for an hour to share wisdom, tips and tricks. Nursing
beyond the first 6 months can be fun, yet challenging. All topics
welcome - from teething to weaning. Details on the Circle can be found here.
In-Store Private Breastfeeding Consultations
In-Store Private Breastfeeding Consultations fill the gap between in-home Lactation Consultant visits and our Drop-in Breastfeeding Mothers Circle. They are an economical option that provides you with individualized attention, an in depth evaluation, a plan of care and follow-up support.
- 45 minute consultation with an experienced International Board Certified Lactation Consultant.
- An intimate group setting (just you and your consultant) that allows more time to address your specific needs
- One follow up via email/phone within one week of appointment
More details on our in-store private breastfeeding consultations can be found here.
In-home private consultations are provided by experienced International Board Certified Lactation Consultants. They meet mothers and babies where they are in their breastfeeding relationship, offering them practical and realistic guidance and support. Our Consultants focus on giving simple and manageable advice, on building a workable plan with you, as well as helping mothers to understand the importance of the breastfeeding relationship.
Please call the store to arrange a consultation - 415.550.2611 OR contact our consultants directly if the store is closed:
- Tracy Massillon 415-205-1357
- Melitta Hoder 415-586-8468
In-Home Consultations Include:
- In-person consultation session of up to two hours
- Written plan
- Two weeks of email & phone support
Benefits of In-Home Consultations:
- More in-depth and longer term follow-up than other breastfeeding support options
- Allow Mom, baby and support person to relax in a familiar environment
- Eliminates the stress and energy needed to leave the house with a little one
- Good for baby - especially during the first few weeks, when being out of the house may be overwhelming
In-Home Consultations are recommended for:
- The first two to three weeks after birth
- If your issues are of a more complex nature
- Twins, especially during the first month after birth
- Mothers with specific questions or those who are experiencing difficulty with latching, positioning, painful nursing
- Hospitalized infants
- Low supply
- Weight gain issues
- Complications, such as thrush, mastitis, bottle refusal, etc
$300.00 - Non-members
$270.00 - Members
Melitta Hoder is an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant, Postpartum Doula, Perinatal Educator and Massage Therapist and has been supporting new families since 2002. Reflecting her broad knowledge and experience of the needs of the new family, she offers individualized non-judgmental breastfeeding support. She has been involved with Natural Resources since 1990 and is bilingual in English and German.
Tracy Massillon has been working with birthing families since 2003. As an IBCLC, Doula and Educator, she brings to each consultation years of experience supporting mothers with nursing, as well as an extensive knowledge of birth and the postpartum experience. Tracy has been part of the Natural Resources familiy of educators since 2005.