Natural Resources is happy to continue to offer consultations to families looking to purchase a baby carrier. Our staff provides a complimentary 15-minute base consultation (valued at $30) to each family looking to purchase a carrier from Natural Resources. Additionally, Professional Babywearing Consultations are available to schedule with certified babywearing consultants.
The complimentary base consultation includes the following (15 minutes):
- Discussion regarding which type of carrier will best fit the needs of your family
- Brief education regarding the mechanics of the carrier
- Brief education regarding use of the carrier
- Customized fit for caregiver(s) present if time allows
There are several benefits of a Professional Babywearing Consultation. Our consultants have been trained through the Bay Area Baby Wearing Certification and also facilitate Babywearing Basics at Natural Resources. Please complete this intake form to schedule your consult today. If you would like more information regarding the Professional Babywearing Consultation prior to scheduling, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. During a professional consultation you will:
- Learn and practice alternative ways to wear baby in the carrier from newborn to toddler
- Develop and practice the skill of breastfeeding while using your carrier
- Receive personalized support and recommendations to make baby carrying a positive experience for you and your baby
- Gain support utilizing a carrier you currently own
- Discover additional ways to utilize the carrier based on the unique framework of your family
Our fee schedule is as follows for scheduled consultations:
- $60- 45 minutes
- $75- 1 hour
- Natural Resources seeks to support the education, empowerment, and cultivation of community and connection for all new families in San Francisco, therefore, a sliding scale or scholarship may be available for families wishing to schedule a consultation, but unable to do so due to the cost.
During Shelter-in-Place the following arrangements can be made for babywearing consultations:
- We are still offering consultations via Facetime for virtual shopping appointments in the retail store.
- Families can schedule up to two virtual shopping appointments when purchasing a carrier. Following the second appointment, if you desire additional assistance, you will be directed to schedule a Professional Babywearing Consultation.
- Professional Babywearing Consultations will be available via Zoom.