GATHER by Natural Resources
What is GATHER?
GATHER is a way for expectant parents and new parents to “meet”, make connections, and build community. There are 3 pathways for connection:
- A private social media network (not Facebook). It is built on a platform called Mighty Network.
- Natural Resources’ virtual classes & support groups.
- IRL socially distanced “GATHERing” at neighborhood parks. To be attended at your discretion.
Who is GATHER for?
GATHER is for families who take classes or join new parent support groups at Natural Resources*. The idea is that in “normal” times while taking our classes in person, you'd meet, chat, and hang out with other parents building a community that would be meaningful after baby is born. GATHER is a way for you to make those connections during the time of COVID-19. We will invite class attendees to join.
How Does GATHER Work?
- You will join our Private Social Media Network, called GATHER. You can write posts, ask questions, create polls, etc.
- Within GATHER you have the opportunity to join smaller “Communities” with others who have something in common with you (classes, neighborhood, birth month, etc).
- Members of the Communities are able to schedule and attend In Real Life, socially distant GATHERings.
Participation in the IRL GATHERINGS is optional. Each GATHERing will have a 10 person max. We will schedule the initial GATHERings to get the ball rolling then it is up to the members of the community to plan subsequent ones.