GATHER by Natural Resources
What is GATHER?
GATHER is a way for expectant parents and new parents to “meet”, make connections, and build community. There are 3 touchpoints for connection:
- A private social media network (not Facebook). It is built on a platform called Mighty Network.
- Natural Resources’ virtual classes & support groups.
- IRL socially distanced “GATHERing” at neighborhood parks. To be attended at your discretion.
Who is GATHER for?
GATHER is for families who have purchased a Natural Resources Membership or have take classes at Natural Resources*. The idea is that in “normal” times while taking our classes in person, you'd meet, chat, and hang out with other parents building a community that would be meaningful after baby is born. GATHER is a way for you to make those connections during the time of COVID-19. We will invite class attendees to join.
How Does GATHER Work?
- You will join our Private Social Media Network, called GATHER. You can write posts, ask questions, create polls, etc.
- Within GATHER you have the opportunity to join smaller “Communities” with others who have something in common with you (classes, neighborhood, birth month, etc).
- Members of the Communities are able to schedule and attend In Real Life, socially distant GATHERings.
Participation in the IRL GATHERINGS is optional. Each GATHERing will have a 10 person max. We will schedule the initial GATHERings to get the ball rolling then it is up to the members of the community to plan subsequent ones.