Written by Kirsten Hall and illustrated by Aki
What's in Mommy's tummy? Lift the flaps to learn all about how a new baby grows!
There's a baby inside Mommy's tummy! But how big is it? What does it look like? Lift the flaps to learn all about how a new baby grows in this sweet book for expecting families.
With a sturdy case and nine durable lift-the-flaps inside--one for each month until baby arrives!--this sweet novelty board book will charm new-siblings-to-be and become a go-to purchase for families with young children who are expecting a new little one.
- NEW BABY GIFT: This stylish and deluxe package makes the perfect baby shower gift, and gift for an older sibling. The larger trim size, sturdy case, and numerous flaps inside ensure great value.
- EVERYDAY COMPARISONS: On each spread our family compares the baby to a different food--much like the popular apps used by expecting moms. This relatable comparison will make the size and growth of the new baby tangible for young kids.
- VETTED BY EXPERTS: Fact-checked and vetted by experts, this book features accurate and accessible information on how a baby grows. Answer young kids' questions in a way that's fun, informative--and tactile!
- INCLUSIVE: Many different kinds of families will see themselves in these characters! And most importantly, it features a loving mother-child relationship.
- STYLISH PACKAGE: Modern and playful illustrations from up-and-coming illustrator, Aki, will appeal to hip new parents and grandparents alike.
Kirsten Hall is a children's author and literary agent. After getting an MA in early childhood education from NYU, she taught both preschool and elementary school. Today, Kirsten is the sole proprietor of Catbird Productions, a book packager and boutique literary agency. She currently resides in New York City.
Aki, also known as Delphine Mach, is a writer and illustrator of children's books. She made this book while pregnant, vetting each stage as she illustrated! Also a food blogger and illustrator, she enjoyed illustrating all the food comparisons. Originally from Paris, France, she lived in Melbourne, Australia for years, and currently lives in Berlin, Germany.
Target Age: 3-5