We Are Little Feminists: On the Go
Written by Brook Sitgraves Turner and Oakland resident Archaa Shrivastav
An empowering and delightful board book filled with photos of kids with disabilities using their movement and mobility aids on-the-go. Run, jump, climb, ride and glide along!
- Beautiful, full-color photos of kids with disabilities celebrate all types of movement and mobility aids (like wheelchairs, walkers, crutches, prosthetics, and service dogs) in this joyful board book.
- Each spread features simple, poetic text for building vocabulary and empathy.
- ON-THE-GO helps families and educators discuss mobility aids, celebrate all types of movement, and advocate for accessibility for all.
- Created for 0-5-year-olds: the book’s photographs help infants, toddlers, and preschoolers to celebrate faces, bodies, and limbs that are both different and like their own.
- Part of We Are Little Feminists board book series: the identity-affirming board book series developed to raise intersectional feminists. We Are Little Feminists pairs beautiful photos with playful, rhythmic text to help families and classrooms stand against racism, sexism, homophobia, transphobia, and ableism.
Target Age: 0-5