Join The Board
The Natural Resources All Families Foundation (“Natural Resources”) owes its successful ability to support thousands of families in the Bay Area to the talents and commitments of so many, including the Board of Trustees. Being on the Board (or part of our Annual Gala Committee) is a rewarding and important volunteer role well suited to those who want to preserve and enlarge healthy family-centric resources in our community and make sure Natural Resources continues its mission well into the future. It is a place to share your expertise, skills, connections, and passion to help our organization thrive.
Apply to join the board or gala committee here, or read on for more information.
Want to have fun putting together a meaningful and impactful event? Our Annual Gala is a chance for us to share our achievements over the past year, connect with the many facets of the parenting and birth community in SF, and raise awareness and funds to continue our essential work.
- Gala committee will initially meet monthly, then every two weeks (3 months before the gala), and every week in the final month before the gala.
- Committee members will help plan: catering, decor, entertainment, auction, and program
- Gala will be held in Q1 2023. Date and location to be announced.
If you are interested in joining the gala committee, please fill out this form. Anyone who is interested and can meet the time commitment is welcome to join!
ROLE OF THE BOARD
The Board of Natural Resources is focused on governance, fundraising, partnerships and grant-making to cover the gap between what San Francisco families can afford to pay, and what it actually costs Natural Resources to provide the prenatal, birth, and postpartum educational and support services that we offer.
This ensures that Natural Resources is able to offer important free programming as well as scholarships for classes and trainings.
Additionally, the Board is responsible for ensuring the long-term health of the Board by actively engaging in Board member recruitment.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
If you care about maternal mental health, supporting families, and education, we want to talk to you! If at the same time you want to share your past successes and further build your management, leadership, and consulting experience, you want to talk to us!
Specifically, we’re looking for:
- Experts in Finance, Marketing, Law, Health Care, and Community Support with diverse backgrounds and family structures.
- A willingness to dive-in to help advise, govern, fundraise, oversee policy and direction, and assist with the leadership, growth and general promotion of Natural Resources so as to support the organization’s mission and needs.
- Creative, empathetic, and energized members, who are eager to learn and support the organization.
- Proud champions of Natural Resources! To share the mission with their community, assist staff in areas of expertise, and make contacts who might help further the organization in reaching its goals.
- Basic familiarity with technical tools for remote work, such as Zoom and Slack.
BOARD MEMBER EXPECTATIONS
- Commitment to a term of 2 years, with the possibility to be extended.
- Monthly commitment for non-officer Board members is approximately 5 hours a month: a 2-hour board meeting every 2nd Wednesday 10am-noon, with Slack and staff communication in-between meetings.
- Kids are welcome, and there is always a virtual option to join. Plus some emailing or reviewing materials in between meetings.
- Additional ad hoc meetings can be scheduled as needed.
- Board members are expected to give or get a minimum $2000 donation annually.
Are you interested in joining the Board of Natural Resources? We would love to talk to you about it! The process involves a few steps, so we can get to know one another, and to ensure that Board Membership is a good match. Here are the steps:
- Step 1:
- Step 2: Fill out this questionnaire
- Step 3: Meet with Executive Director
- Step 4: Meet with Board President and one other Board Member
- Step 5: Invitation to attend Board Meeting to meet full Board as a prospective Board Member
- Step 6: Invitation to join Board
READY TO APPLY?
We’re always interested in hearing from exceptional candidates and are actively seeking new Board Members.
- To be considered for the Natural Resources Board, please fill out this short questionnaire.
If you have questions on any aspect of our process, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We encourage applications from a wide variety of candidates and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.
Thank you for your interest!