Established Doula Certification Program
Welcome to the Natural Resources' International Established Doulas Certification Program.
Per Natural Resources All Families Foundation, an "established doula" has worked with a minimum of 25 families as a Birth or Postpartum Doula in the past 5 years
Our program is for any active doula, who has completed a training program with Natural Resources or another organization*, but has not completed a formal certification process. By going though this program you will be granted a certification that may be required in order for your clients to receive reimbursement from their insurance.
As an "Established Doula", a Doula who has worked for 25 or more clients in the last five years, you are eligible to become certified via this program. There are two steps that you will need to complete prior to becoming certified:
1. Purchase the Certification Packet by clicking here.
AFTER you have gathered and completed all necessary paperwork as referenced in the packet (synopsis below) you will be ready for Step 2.
2. Purchase the Certification Application by clicking here.
You will receive the link to our application where all completed certification materials will be submitted for review by our team. Following review of the completed application our team will provide you with your Certification, valid for 5 years.
Proof of Professional Development (PD) / Continuing Education (CE) is part of the Certification Program. The following Natural Resources classes will be accepted as PD/CE credit:
The following is a synopsis of the requirements for certification:
- Proof of Doula Training completion
- Proof of current Adult and Infant/Child CPR & Safety Certification
- 4 Professional Recommendations
- Proof of 15 PD / CE hours that have been completed in the previous 5 years
- 3 one page Book/Film reflections
- 6 client evaluations and Doula reflections
*Please note: We reserve the right to not accept proof of training from any organization at our own discretion.