HELP NEW & EXPECTANT PARENTS THRIVE!
Our positions are perfect for someone who would love to be part of a nurturing team; supporting & informing growing families & caregivers.
We currently have the following openings: Office Assistant, Family Support + Care Associate, Inventory Assistant, Core Facilitator (Childbirth Prep, Newborn Care, and/or Lactation classes). Job descriptions are below.
- are friendly, outgoing & positive
- can empathize with a sleep deprived new parent
- are organized & able to multi-task
And would love to...
- be around babies & toddlers (and their grown-ups)
- provide patient, helpful & sincere customer service (sometimes folks just need someone to listen )
THEN WE WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU!
- an engaging and fun environment (that does get busy)
- a consistent but flexible schedule (rotating weekends required) Part-time/Full-time 15-35 hour a week
- 50% discount off classes, 30% discount off products
- Health insurance for those working 30+ hours
POSITION: OFFICE ASSISTANT
You will support the management team with administrative & fundraising tasks. All staff members also trained to on the sales floor shifts to keep them connected to our clients and their needs and be able to support co-workers during time off or peak hours.
Experience desired but we will train the right applicant!
Please send your resume to email@example.com. Tell us a little about yourself and why you would be a good fit for the position you are applying for
- Applicants MUST be very organized, detail-oriented, have strong follow through, and great time management skills.
- Must be comfortable working and make decisions on your own and as part of a team.
- 1 weekend shift (Saturday or Sunday) on the sales floor 1-2 times a month (5 - 8 hours) is required.
- Available a minimum of 20 hours a week.
- Maintain donor relation database
- Perform administrative support duties such as creating/editing documents, processing incoming mail.
- Maintain and order office & class supplies
- Organize and maintain digital and physical filing system
- Maintain cleanliness of classroom spaces & organize class supplies
- Perform HR related tasks - submitting payroll hours & running commission reports
- Participate in special projects as needed and perform other duties as assigned
POSITION: FAMILY SUPPORT + SALES ASSOCIATE
- Inform new & expectant parents about the products, services & classes we provide
- Process in-store & online orders
- Maintain the appearance, stock levels & cleanliness of the facility
- Process rental transactions & maintain rental logs for breast pumps, birth tubs, baby carriers, book and DVD libraries
- Open and close facility
- Available up to 20 hours a week.
- Experience with; or affinity for supporting or caring for expectant & new parents and/or babies.
- Retail experience desired but not required
- Strong computer proficiency
- Merchandising experience and/or an artistic eye
POSITION: INVENTORY ASSISTANT
You will be involved in all inventory-related tasks and will work closely with the Buyer to maintain our inventory systems and receive inventory. All staff members also work occasional floor shifts (4+ hours a week) to keep them connected to our clients and their needs. Experience desired but we will train the right applicant!
- Available 15 to 20 hours a week.
- Applicants MUST be very organized, detail-oriented, have strong follow through, and great time management skills. Must be comfortable working and make decisions on your own and as part of a team.
- 2 weekend shifts (Saturday or Sunday) on the sales floor, 2-3 times a month (5 - 8 hours) is required.
- Process & ship out online orders
- Maintain backstock & receiving area
- Input/maintain vendor & product info in inventory management systems
- Receive inventory
- Maintain files - invoices, catalogs and related materials
- Place & oversee special orders for customers
- Assist with other miscellaneous tasks as assigned, such as processing returns and credits, conducting inventory cycle counts, etc
POSITION: CORE FACILITATOR
Our “Core” offerings include: Doula Training, Childbirth Prep, Newborn Care & Parenting, and Breast/Chestfeeding Classes as well as prenatal & new parent support groups and other complimentary offerings. Our new hire(s) will work in partnership with other Core Team Members to ensure all offerings are covered on a weekly and monthly basis. We do NOT expect one person to facilitate all types of offerings.
Becoming an NR facilitator provides you with extensive opportunities to grow your own business, connect to an established birth worker community, and meet potential clients on a regular basis. We are looking for candidates who have a strong desire to support new families & doulas and grow with our organization.
We have offered Doula training and Parenting education for over 30 years and are currently looking to add to our "Core" Facilitation Team. New team members would engage in a combination of the facilitation, administrative, and community building duties.
An ideal candidate will be available up to 5 hours a week. As part of the Core Facilitation Team you will be expected to work weekends and evenings on a rotating basis. Applicants must be able to work on site in San Francisco and also be able to work remotely via Zoom. Admin/prep hours can be completed on a flexible schedule. All team members are required to be fully vaccinated including booster.
TO APPLY: Please fill out this application form and we will be in touch once we have reviewed your information.
POSITION - FACILITATOR
To Apply to Teach a Class:
Fill out our application to teach at Natural Resources.
Natural Resources is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.