Natural Resources is looking for new additions to our family. We offer classes, retail products, community & a home away from home to expecting & new parents.
Please explore our website learn more about us, what we provide & our philosophy.
Please send your resume pasted into the email (not as an attachment) to email@example.com and tell us a little about yourself and why you would be a good fit for this position. Applicants with resumes attached will not be considered.
The most important qualities for positions are:
- Excellent attention to detail
- Very organized
- Able to self direct & prioritize multiple tasks/projects
- Strong interpersonal and written & verbal communication skills
- Comfortable with a variety of computer programs. Able to learn new systems quickly
- Service oriented, warm, upbeat personality
- Must be able to lift 50lbs
POSITION 1 - INVENTORY ASSISTANT
Up to 20 hours a week. You will be involves in all inventory related tasks and will work closely with the Buyer to assess our product needs, manage inventory levels and place reorders. Applicants MUST be very organized, detail oriented, have strong follow through and great time management skills. Must be comfortable working and make decisions on your own and as part of a team.
All staff members also work at least one floor shift to keep them connected to our clients and their needs so one weekend shift on the sales floor every other week (5.5-6.5 hours) is required. Experiance desired but we will train the right applicant!
- Assess inventory stock levels based on historical data and physical counts
- Place orders for new & existing products based on assessments
- Input vendor & product info into inventory management system
- Maintain backstock & receiving area
- Maintain files - invoices, catalogs and related materials
- Manage receipt of shipments. Process & distribute as needed
- Communicate with vendors regarding placing orders, errors and other related issues
- Place & oversee special orders for customers
POSITION 2 - SALES ASSOCIATE
- 1 - 3 shifts a week. Must be available Saturday &/or Sunday and be flexible enough to cover other shifts for vacations, sick days etc
- Ability to support multiple customers at one time, discover needs, and make recommendations to build relationships and sales
- Must be able maintain attention to details while multi-tasking & performing in a fun, ofttimes fast paced environment
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of our classes & retail products as well as community resources
- Anticipate & respond fully to the needs of our customers by asking & answering their questions and providing support tools to new/expectant Moms and families
- Perform accurate cashier duties using Point-of-Sale software
- Beautify and maintain the appearance, health and safety of the store and classroom and generally ensuring the store and classroom are always clean and pleasant places for families and babies to be.
- Constantly monitor stock levels in-store and regularly replenish store shelves throughout the day
- Demonstrate products like baby carriers, breastpumps, swaddling, cloth diapering etc.
- Fit customers for support items like bras and pregnancy belts
- Maintain rental logs for breast pumps, birth tubs, baby carriers, book and dvd libraries
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Experience with babies and/or expectant parents. An ideal candidate would be a parent, pregnancy/birth/postpartum/breastfeeding/early parenting professional, doula, nanny, childcare provider, or someone who has worked in a baby or children's store in the past.
- Experience with Point-of-Sale software
- Spanish fluency would be wonderful
- Strong Computer skills. Web development/design, WordPress, Photoshop, Google (email, docs, calendar, etc.) experience a plus
- Merchandising experience and/or an artistic eye