In-home private consultations offer extensive support and are provided by experienced International Board Certified Lactation Consultants (IBCLC). They meet parents and babies where they are in their breastfeeding relationship, offering them practical and realistic guidance and support. Our consultants focus on giving simple and manageable advice, on building a workable plan with you, as well as helping parents understand the importance of the breastfeeding relationship.
In-Home Consultations are recommended for: the first two to three weeks after birth, issues of a more complex nature, twins, especially during the first month after birth, hospitalized infants, those who are experiencing difficulty with latching, positioning, painful nursing, mothers with low supply, weight gain issues, complications such as thrush, mastitis, bottle refusal, etc,
In-Home Consultations Include:
- 1-2 hours of focused one-on-one consultation
- compassionate and evidence based breastfeeding support
- observation and evaluation of breastfeeding
- assessment of mother and baby
- weigh baby on pediatric digital scale
- a written detailed, individualized, and realistic breastfeeding plan
- up to 2 weeks of phone & email follow-up support
Natural Resources Members receive a 10% discount
Call 415-550-2611 during business hours (Mon-Sat 10am-6pm, Sun 11am-5pm) to learn more or submit the form below to request a call from a consultant to discuss your situation and/or set up an appointment.
Learn more about our consultants: Tracy Massillon, IBCLC ~ Amy Clark, IBCLC