NATURAL RESOURCES ALL FAMILIES FOUNDATION Waiver and Release of Liability Agreement
To participate in classes, workshops, groups, or other activities (collectively, “NR Offerings”) hosted by The Natural Resources All Families Foundation, Inc. (“NR”), each participant must sign this Waiver and Release of Liability Agreement (“Agreement”) or a legal guardian/parent/designated representative must sign on behalf of any person under age 18.
In consideration of being allowed to participate in NR Offerings, the undersigned, on their behalf and on the behalf of any minor(s) listed below, agrees to the following:
- • The undersigned understands that, while the NR staff endeavors to keep everyone safe, participation in NR Offerings still comes with certain risks, including, but not limited to, minor injuries such as cuts, scrapes, sprains, and bruises, and more serious injuries such as broken bones, illness, allergies, potential increased exposure to COVID-19, and, in rare instances, paralysis or death. Furthermore, the undersigned understands that these risks can result from a variety of activities and causes, such as NR’s various activity classes, practicing techniques outside of NR’s Offerings, utilization of information received, a participant’s own negligence, the negligence of other participants, and other inherent risks not specifically named here.
- • With all necessary information and understanding, the undersigned knowingly, voluntarily, and fully assumes all risks, known and unknown, associated with attendance at and/or participation in and/or the utilization of information received from (including the attendance and/or participation of the minor(s) listed below) any NR Offerings.
- • The undersigned hereby surrenders and waives any rights to sue or exercise any legal right to seek damages against NR, and any owners, officers, members, agents, employees, directors, contractors, trustees, affiliates, and other persons or entities acting on its behalf, arising from or related to the undersigned’s (and the minor(s)’ listed below) attendance at or participation in NR Offerings or breach of this Agreement. THIS RELEASE AND WAIVER COVERS RISKS OF DEATH, SERIOUS INJURY, EXPOSURE TO COVID-19, AND PROPERTY LOSS ARISING FROM NEGLIGENCE, CARELESSNESS, OR GROSS NEGLIGENCE ON THE PART OF THE PERSONS AND ENTITIES BEING RELEASED HEREUNDER.
- • The undersigned on their behalf, and on behalf of any minor(s) listed below, representative, executor, heirs, successors, and assigns, hereby releases, discharges, and holds harmless NR, including its officers, agents, employees, directors, trustees, affiliates, and persons or entities acting on their behalf, from any and all claims, damages, or liability (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising from or related to the undersigned’s (and the minor(s)’ listed below) attendance at or participation in NR Offerings or breach of this Agreement. THIS INDEMNITY COVERS RISKS OF DEATH, SERIOUS INJURY, EXPOSURE TO COVID-19, AND PROPERTY LOSS ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE, CARELESSNESS, OR GROSS NEGLIGENCE ON THE PART OF THE PERSONS AND ENTITIES BEING INDEMNIFIED.
- • The undersigned expressly understands that NR is not a childcare facility. If the undersigned brings a minor to any NR Offerings, the undersigned understands and agrees that the undersigned is solely responsible for the care, safety, and wellbeing of the minor(s), and expressly releases NR from any responsibility or liability related to the minor’s presence at or participation in any NR Offerings.
- • The undersigned certifies that they (and any minor(s) listed below) are physically and mentally capable of participating in the NR Offerings and have not been exposed to COVID-19 within 14 days of participating in the NR Offerings and/or experienced symptoms associated with COVID-19 (such as temperature of 100.4°F or higher, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headaches, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea, etc) within 7 days of participating in the NR Offerings. If the undersigned is pregnant, post-natal, or post-surgical, they have their physician’s approval to participate. Please make the instructor aware of any medical conditions, including potential exposure to COVID-19 or COVID-19 related symptoms, before participating in any NR Offerings.
- • You give full permission for any person connected with NR to administer first aid deemed necessary, and in case of serious illness or injury, you give permission to call for medical care and/or to transport you or the minor(s) listed below to a medical facility.
- • The undersigned consents to the commercial use by, or on behalf of, NR of any media image, audio or visual, taken of the undersigned and/or the minor(s) listed below by. Photos, videos, or interviews may be presented through media outlets at the sole discretion of NR, and the undersigned acknowledges that they are entitled to no compensation for the use, and no additional consent will be requested or needed before NR puts the image, audio or visual, to use.
- • The undersigned understands and agrees that this Agreement is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by the laws of the State of California, and that this Agreement shall be governed and interpreted with the laws of the State of California. If any provision or provisions of the Agreement shall be held to be invalid, illegal, unenforceable or in conflict with the law of any jurisdiction, the validity, legality and enforceability of the remaining provisions shall not in any way be affected or impaired thereby. Any controversy, dispute, or claim arising out of or related to this Agreement, which the parties are unable to resolve by mutual agreement, shall be settled exclusively binding arbitration.
By signing below, you represent and warrant that you have read the Agreement and understand all of the terms contained herein. You are satisfied that the Agreement is fair and equitable, and you hereby give your express consent to its terms. In consideration of not having to sign this Agreement before every visit, you agree that this Agreement will be in effect until it is terminated in writing by the undersigned or NR.
By listing one or more children’s names below and signing this Agreement, you represent and warrant that you are the parent or legal guardian of the child(ren) named below, or you have permission from the parent/legal guardian of such child(ren) to execute this agreement on their behalf.