Many customers ask if they need to avoid alcohol-based tinctures during pregnancy or while nursing. The answer is no; tinctures contain a very small amount of alcohol, similar to that found in a ripe banana, and are safe to consume while pregnant or nursing (if the herbs themselves are approved for that use). Some people choose alcohol-free alternatives for personal, dietary, or religious reasons. Always give babies and children the non-alcohol version if possible. See Herb Lore's website for more information.
From Herb Lore:
Herb Lore's Nursing Tincture Moringa Blend is a highly nutritive and effective herbal combination used to increase and enrich breastmilk production. It is the exact same herbal combination as the Nursing Tea Moringa Blend - just in the liquid extract form. Here is a list of some of the benefits of Nursing Tincture Moringa Blend:
- Helps to support, enrich and increase breastmilk production (moms of twins report that this provides enough support to help her provide plenty of milk for both babies)
- helps alleviate gas or tummy upset in both mother and baby.
- It's the best product to use or try first when babies are very young or are prone to gas or tummy problems
- It's extremely nutritive and high in vitamins and minerals, and is very healthful for both mom and baby
- Helps mom with postpartum recovery due to the high vitamin and mineral content and to the Red Raspberry Leaf which will help with postpartum uterine recovery while also supporting breastmilk production.
The tincture form of this product is handy when frequent doses are needed throughout the day or if you have little time for brewing tea. They can be used together if desired - a cup of tea in the morning or a relaxing cup at night, using the liquid extract tincture during the day while you are on the go. With a tincture, nothing needs to be brewed - you just take the drops and you're done! (Helpful Hint: Two droppersful (squeezes) of the tincture equals one 8oz cup of tea.) This product can be used in conjunction with Fenugreek, Goat's Rue, Moringa, Shatavari or Blessed Thistle. NOTE: Those on blood-thinning medications should use this product with care (or perhaps not at all) as the product does contain a small amount of Alfalfa, which is high in Vitamin K, the blood clotting vitamin. Goat's Rue, Moringa or Shatavari would be the next gentlest and easiest-to-use product.