Infant Massage (Fourth Edition): A Handbook for Loving Parents
By Vimala McClure
Master the techniques of infant massage and incorporate this joyful and wonderful healing art into your baby's life with this revised and updated edition.
For generations, mothers around the world have known that the soft touch of their hands soothes, calms, and communicates their love to their babies. The latest scientific research confirms that physical affection is vital to the development and wellness of children--easing discomfort, releasing tension, improving sleep, helping premature infants gain weight, even aiding asthmatic children to improve their breathing.
Now Vimala McClure, founder of the International Association of Infant Massage, has revised and updated her beloved classic. Inside you'll find:
- specific routines tailored to help relieve colic, fever, and chest and nasal congestion
- easy-to-follow instructions and photographs demonstrating each step
- new information on the benefits of skin-to-skin contact
- instructions for premature infants and babies with special needs
- lullabies, rhymes, and games to enhance the massage experience
- a special chapter dedicated to fathers
- compassionate advice for foster and adoptive parents