The ecoCap is a stellar sunhat designed especially for the little one in your life. The ecoCap will have them looking their stylish best while keeping those devilish sun rays off of baby's delicate face. It provides UPF 50 protection, the highest level of protection clothing can provide. Reversible - like two hats in one!
The ecoCap features:
- a typical newsboy shape with fashionable flair
- a generous, sun-protective brim
- the UB2 trademark adjustable snap strap-- so the ecoCap STAYS on-- no matter how hat-fussy your baby might be!
- stateside manufacturing-- it's made BY HAND in Ohio by work-at-home women who are paid a fair wage-- a wage that they set themselves. you can feel good about purchasing a handmade, heirloom-quality hat that also supports the US economy.
- an elastic back for a perfect fit-- now & later!
- hip, fun fabrics
- a big brim for discrete breastfeeding -- if you're into that
- heirloom quality sewing (guaranteed!)
- a design that works perfectly in front and rear facing baby carriers-- for parents on the go!
- made with GOTS certified organic cotton-- so you know it's safe for you, your babe and the earth!
Care instructions: Machine wash, line dry. you can tumble dry it, but be prepared for a little shrinkage! Press if necessary. Hand washing is best.
XXS, 14-16in, 0-3m
XS, 16-17.25in, 3-6m
S, 17-18.25in, 6-12m
M, 18-19.25in, 12-24m
L, 19-21.25in, 2t + up
The best way to know what size to order is to MEASURE your child's head circumference. We offer age ranges as a rough guideline but head shapes vary and children, even when "big" or "small" for their age can have widely varying head sizes. Age is NOT a reliable predictor.
Ecocaps tend to run true-to-size or a tad large. They are designed to fit all the way down on the head, so the edge of the cap is at about the bottom of the ear lobe. We designed the hats this way so they provide full sun protection for the entire ear.
The caps will appear TOO TALL if you're looking for an above-the-ear fit.
The caps fit best when worn at an angle, with the elasticized back down below the bulb of the head and the brim up just below the hairline.
If in doubt, size UP.